1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Spotted in Allentown, PA! (w/Pic)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by BooShine, Jun 5, 2009.

1. BooShine

BooShine Wishful Thinker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    With all the recent buzz surrounding Kentucky Highway and the distribution of cars throughout the northeast, I thought I'd let any anxious Pennsylvanians know - our cars are arriving!

This morning, Krause Toyota in Fogelsville unloaded their first 2010 Prius, a Blizzard V w/ ATP, remote start, and 3M.

[​IMG]

(Yes, the hood is slightly open)

First impressions of seeing the car in person -

It's beautiful. The headlights really come out of the hood in a way I didn't appreciate from pics. They're thick, and give the front end a nice depth. The front emblem is HUGE. It's not a deal-breaker - and luckily the blue accent is much duller on the front badge than the back (has anyone else noticed this?).

The back is really nice as well. It feels familiar, but a bit more accented and rounded. There was a Gen 2 parked 20 feet away and walked back and forth between them quite a few times. While the 2010 is recognizably a Prius, the two are incredibly different cars. The Gen3 looks like a sport sedan, with its tail almost fading into a trunk rather than a hatch. Don't get me wrong, the hatch is there, and its large. I especially like the amount of space behind the front seats when the back-seats are folded down - a good 2 x 3 area on either side.

Unfortunately, the NAV was not yet activated, so I couldn't turn the big display on. However, the car was running and the Multi-Information Display was active. Pictures just don't do this thing justice. In person it is HUGE, crisp, and easy to read. The touch tracer is especially cool, as it actually display on a different 3D plane than the other displays. initially I cringed when I heard this would be VFD and not LCD. Don't worry! It's perfect.

Overall, I am incredubly excited to own this car. Unfortunatley, it will not be this car - the sold tag on the window does not belong to me. Anyone on Prius Chat the lucky owner?

If you're on the fence about the redesign, please wait until you see the car in person. It's look is overall more aggressive, (thanks largely to the sculpted doors), and more in line with something BMW or AUDI might could be putting out. Honestly, it's sharp.

I should be picking up my Black 2010 V from Hamburg this weekend! I just got the VIN :D

4 people like this.
  2. DanMode

DanMode Brooklyn Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Excellent! Thanks for the info & pic. Oh man, this just makes me want my car that much sooner! Come on to NY already! ;) I love the new re-design of the car too, so reading your description makes me salivate that much more...

3. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks For The Info.
    Still Waiting In Middletown, NY

4. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Make sure and post pics when you get yours! I was going back and forth b/t black and blizzard and finally decided on Blizzard b/c I've had a lot of black cars in a row.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The 17" alloys really give the Prius the sporty look. Just changing the tyres brings out the crisp lines (and of course the LED headlight design aids too). The 15" wheels make it look like, well, a Prius.

Why does our loaded model look like the base =(. At least in the US, the higher models get the 17" alloys.