1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius TPMS Diagnostic Help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by HFHPodcast, Feb 12, 2022.

1. HFHPodcast

HFHPodcast New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings fellow Prius people. Curious if anyone can save me some steps and point me in the right direction. I have an issue with my TPMS system. I drove too quickly over a crappily-paved divot and my car scraped up against the bottom of this bump and believe the impact has damaged the system. This Is what the Toyota website says:

When the light comes on after blinking for 1 minute: Malfunction in the tire pressure warning system.

Correction procedure: Have the system checked by your Toyota dealer.

I read some other stuff about people going to the dealership and them saying they needed to get each TPMS node replaced on each tire and it costed a lot so I was wondering if each wheel has a tire pressure sensor that transferred data to something under the car and that is what got damaged. If so, what would that part be and how much do they usually run? Could it be just one of the sensors that was damaged? Where might I be able to get this diagnosed by a mechanic? At this phase I would really only want to pay for a diagnostic.

I tried resetting the system with the button beneath the steering wheel it and it also did not work.

Thanks and safe driving

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    have you checked the tyres pressure?