1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale 2010 Prius V Advanced Tech Pkg 8K Mint

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by dconner9, Nov 29, 2010.

1. dconner9

dconner9 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Up for sale is my privately owned Prius. Silver with grey leather. 17" wheels, Nav, ATP; if you know the Prius, this is the most expensive one ever offered. Homelink, Lane Keep Assist, Auto Parking (both Parallel and backing in), LED headlights, fogs, remote start... My loss is your gain I will post some pictures soon, but it is perfect shape. Slightly over 8,000 miles

List price was over $34k... $27,500 ask. If I can get a reasonable offer, I will sell. If I can't, I will keep the car. This is one HOT Prius!

Make offer... [email protected]

2. dconner9

dconner9 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Let me ask this another way... what does anyone think the fair price for my car would be? i see new deals are offering 0% money for 60 months...

Is $27,500 too high? if so, let's take a poll to see what this rig should sell for... even if yo are not in the market now, lend me your thoughts!

thanks so much

Dave

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The AAA price around here for a new V-AT is $30270. Using the IRS mileage rate would deduct ~$4000. There are 4 used 2010's within 75 miles of my location. None appear to be V's. Since it is a tough package I believe you are asking a fair price.

4. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Y r u selling?

5. dconner9

dconner9 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks for the information... As to the question why am i selling? Unfortunately, it's all about money... Saving $. Should i keep my Prius where I do have a monthly payment and get great gas mileage, or drive my Escalade to the train each day and have 1 less car. The Prius has been one of my favorite cars i have ever owned. Just trying to balance the bills with the hypermile fun that I have been enjoying...

6. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    whoa whoa whoa. seems like the new question should be, why aren't u selling your escalade instead?

7. dconner9

dconner9 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Good point. wish the SUV could go; but with all the kids, wife, two dogs, and a commute to vermont each weekend with ski gear, i need a big rig. wish the prius was bigger!

8. bagwell

bagwell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    $27.5 is a far price for the seller, but I don't think you'll get that for it...less than 3-4% of Prius' have these options for a reason, not much demand due to the high price.

it will take a while but it will sell....maybe autotrader.com?

9. dconner9

dconner9 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Update... the car is now officially on Ebay:

Toyota : Prius - eBay (item 280599031193 end time Dec-14-10 06:12:47 PST)

Toyota Prius V Model with advanced technology package! Remote Start!
    Classic Silver Metallic

I am the Original Owner. I bought this great car from Toyota of Stamford, CT. The unique car with all the features it has was found at the Greenwich CT Dealership. I bought the car in December of last year, so the balance of the warranty will be 100% fully transferred over to you. The New Vehicle Warranty provides 3 year / 36,000 miles of coverage, plus 5 year / 60,000 miles on the powertrain. In addition, it includes a 5 year unlimited mile corrosion perforation coverage.

This is my personal car that I have driven to the train station and back for the last year. It gets incredible gas mileage; rated at 51 mpg City and 48 Mpg highway. I still have the original sticker showing all the features of this car. The car is in excellent if not mint condition. A couple of very minor scratches, but you would have to look hard to find them. I am an honest seller with a very solid feedback rating. I am hoping that someone sees the sense in buying a used car from me, as opposed to paying through the nose for new. When you bring this vehicle home, everyone will think it's new anyway, and you will have thousands of dollars in your pocket.

I truly love this technologically advanced car, and it breaks my heart to sell it. There is no doubt in my mind I will own another one in the future. Personal demands are forcing this car onto the selling block. Note that there is a small sticker on the back of the car that reads Ski-Doo... Yes I like to Snowmobile, and this Prius's nickname is the Ski-doo. Small sticker easily removed FYI. One other thing. This car does not ever shift gears. It has a CVT transmission, just like a snowmobile. Quick Trivia Question: Guess who invented the CVT? Leonardo Da Vinci. Look it up. Truly amazing.

My real world driving experience is that if I try to hypermile under the right conditions, I can get 50 mpg. From my house in Southern Vermont to my house in Southern Connecticut, I actually got 53.4 mpg driving home a few months ago. If I drive the car hard, in Power mode, (the car really has very respectable power) it will get in the low 40's. The EV mode is great when you are in stop and go traffic or even at a long light. You will actually see your mileage increase while crawling along. The regenerative brakes are something every car should have as they recharge the battery as you brake. I am 6'5" tall, and fit in the car with no headroom problems at all. Some of the features this car has in the advance tech package are only found on the most expensive Lexus Cars.

My contact information is at the bottom of this ad. Please don't hesitate to call me or e-mail me for any clarifications needed. This is truly a great car I will miss

Best of luck bidding

Dave Conner

The Prius V is the top of the line model which features:

Hybrid Synergy Drive System
    1.8L DOHC 16V VVT-i 4 Cylinder engine
    17" Alloy Wheels and P215/45R17 low rolling resistant tires
    Electric Power Steering
    4 Wheel Disc Brakes / Front Independent Suspension
    Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control w / TRAC
    Anti Lock Brakes
    Dr & Fr pass advanced airbag system
    Dr & Fr Pass seat mounted side airbags
    Side curtain airbags and Driver knee airbag
    Active Headrests in front seats
    Tire pressure monitoring system
    Rear deck spoiler
    Amazingly bright LED Headlamps with auto off, auto leveling
    Foldable outside side view mirrors
    3 modes of power driving EV (electric only), ECO and Power
    Multi information display with trip info
    JBL AM/FM/MP3 6 disc cd changer with 8 speakers
    Integrated Satellite radio
    Bluetooth with handsfree phone, and also stream your ipod / iphone music wirelessly
    Auxillary audio jack
    Smart key that controls the $529 optional Remote engine start
    Leather Seats and Steering wheel
    6 way adjustable driver seat with power lumbar
    Remote Keyless entry and Push button start
    Tilt/Telescopic steering wheel with controls
    Cruise control, Instant MPG meter
    Center console with sliding center arm rest and storage area
    dual cup holders
    60/40 split fold down rear bench seat with fold down center armrest and adjustable headrests
    Auto climate control system in plasma center
    Heated Front seats
    Auto dimming rearview mirror
    Homelink
    Dual glove box with 2 additional power outlets
    In addition to all the features above (most of which are unique to the Prius V model)... This car also has the Advanced Technology Package including:

$5,180 Option ATP included: (Most of this technology has been taken directly from the Lexus cars)

Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (Set your max speed and follow a set distance behind the car in front of you... VERY COOL Feature!)
    Pre-Collission System
    Lane Keep Assist.. (this feature reads the road with a camera, and steers you back into your lane if you wander... INSANELY COOL!)
    Intelligent Park Assist... (This car will parallel park, or back into a spot automatically for you... it works very well!)
    Voice Activated Touch Screen DVD Navigation system
    JBL AM/FM/MP3 4 disc changer, eight speakers, Satellite radio, XM Traffic
    Hands free phone and music streaming via Bluetooth wireless technology
    USB Port with Ipod Connectivity
    Integrated back up camera
    Safety Connect (like onstar) which includes automatic collission notification, stolen vehicle locator, Emergency assistance button SOS and Roadside assistance
    Wheel locks $67 option
    Remote engine Start $529 option
    Carpet Floor Mats and Cargo Mat $200 optional mats

This Prius V had a MSRP of $27,670
    Add in the following options as described above

Advanced Technology Package: $5,180
    Wheel Locks $67
    Remote Start $529
    Carpet floor mats $200
    Delivery $750
    The total cost of this vehicle was $34,396. At the time, I was able to get a $500 discount from the dealer. These cars (especially the V with ATP and remote start) were very hard to find. I am told that less than five percent of all Prius's ever built are built with options this car has.

Best of luck bidding

Please contact me directly [email protected] or cell phone 917-576-9503 if you have any questions

Dave Conner

10. That_Prius_Car

That_Prius_Car Austin Kinser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Awe, it breaks my heart to see you get rid of it. "/
    Good luck finding her a great home!

11. dconner9

dconner9 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Breaks my heart too... hey! I have an idea: why don't you (That Prius Car) buy it? Gen III is AWESOME!

Come on... you only live once

1 person likes this.
  12. Roy's TOY

Roy's TOY -40F = -40C

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Very fair pricing. Best of luck with your Ebay transaction.

13. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    IMHO, I think the Escalade should go in favor of a cheaper but still roomy enough vehicle that also is more efficient.

That "commute vermont each weekend with ski gear" could only be for a fraction of the year. Commuting with an Escalade (solo?) is wasteful.

14. seal2cc

seal2cc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Congrats! I think you did pretty well...a little less than you originally thought but quick sale for instant liquidity..

15. dconner9

dconner9 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    UPDATE:

The Car Sold in 1 day... $26,500 Full asking price on Ebay

Sorry to see it go!

Dave

16. dconner9

dconner9 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    By the way... Thanks to everyone who chipped in with their opinions. Your advice clearly helped me set a realistic price that was fair to both buyer and seller. The buyer from North Carolina is very excited to get their new Prius. I know it is going to a great home now. Thanks again everyone.

Dave

17. That_Prius_Car

That_Prius_Car Austin Kinser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ha, I would buy it, but I love my Gen.II better. :)
    I would have bought it if you would have sold it to me for $1. :D
    Kidding.

18. bagwell

bagwell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I don't understand why you were set on 27.5k here but dumped it on ebay for 26.5K.....plus the % you have to pay ebay......??????????????????

I bet if you would have put 26.5K here you could have got it.

19. mlgreve

mlgreve New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I just paid 30k for a Gen 3 V and would have been happy to pay 26.5 for one. Who ever bought this car got one hell of a price. I also might mention the 30k price tag was brought down from 34k after 3.5 hours of negotiating with the dealer. It was a very painful process I might add.

20. Georgia Jean

Georgia Jean New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is it still for sale? I'd like to make an offer.