1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius V USB Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by skilbovia, Oct 25, 2010.

1. skilbovia

skilbovia Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Is there any chance that the USB feature on the Prius V audio system will be upgraded? There are many glaring issues with the USB system.

The search system for the drive connected to the to the USB port is a dreadful joke. Many people have large music collections and having to scroll through them 5 at a time is untenable. There should at least be alphabetical buttons to spell out album/folder titles. It is very clear that very little care went into the design of this feature. The team that designed should be ashamed of themselves.

After living with a Ford Sync system for over a year I can tell you that there is no comparison. Sync allows you to search by album, song, artist, playlist and genre. And you can do this verbally by saying "Play Artist The Beatles" for instance. The random feature acts on the item requested. If you want the Jazz genre then the random feature randomizes all items in that genre. I'm spoiled and I want my Ford Sync in my Prius.

So Toyota needs to provide a software upgrade that provides better search features and verbal control of USB music selection. That's the least they can do for those of us that spent 34K for this vehicle and can't even listen to their own music collection in their car.

If anybody knows of any scheduled upgrades, I'd love to know about it.

2 people like this.
  2. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm always amazed at how poor a job most software engineers do with a task as simple as sorting 5,000 items. It's one of the most basic tasks in a computer science class, yet countless music players fail at this.