1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius wiper blade information

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by gsabsa, Oct 27, 2023.

1. gsabsa

gsabsa New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I was at the dealer in southern Oregon. I learned:
    1) Refill inserts ($10.00) are available for the OEM Toyota wiper "bows" that come with the car.
    2) Toyota Parts Dept does not stock replacement OEM "bows". If you want to replace this style, you must specifically ask for them and have them special ordered.
    3) When you ask the Parts Dept for "Wiper Blades", they will sell you the non-Toyota Sightline brand. These are what many people call "disposable". You remove and replace the entire "bow" each time. ($20.00). The OEM refill inserts are too wide to be used as replacements in Sightline Bows.
    4) Costco has Michelin "disposable" wiper blades that work well for $10.00. Often on sale for $7.00.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    And if you go to an auto parts store and look at the Bosch icon hybrid blade it will look exactly like your Toyota blade minus the Toyota logo on the clip It's almost an exact duplicate the hybrid blade is the one with the plastic armor covering the rubber It's kind of like the regular icon with a cover over it they named it a hybrid blade Rain-X and others make the exact same blade the hybrid style and if you look at some of them you can replace the rubbers in the rain X if you really wanted to it's pretty easy I don't generally bother because I only pay $12 for the hybrid complete assemblies from quite a few companies they all make the hybrid style now they're a little more durable than the icon without the covering if you will. Toyota has always had the $10 refills for their blades matter of fact there used to be cheaper than that but all of the blades take a beating from the sun so if you're in the southeast United States the plastic covering the hybrid part of your blade is probably turning white instead of black . So I just buy the blade assemblies I like the Bosch hybrid.