1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius with JBL Navigation "insert disc" repair, now no sound

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DallasDad1000, Feb 9, 2016.

1. DallasDad1000

DallasDad1000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have documented this, but I wanted to put this in the correct area and ask for help.
    I am asking for help with what all the plugs on the back of the navigation are.
    I sent my Navigation unit off to hi tech service repairs. $650 and I have it back. Link below. Cost was 650 to replace the DVD drive. Previously, my deck just was stuck on "insert disc" mode, not giving me anything at all for the audio.
    Toyota navigation stereo cd dvd changer repair

Now I have it back, I have plugged everything in, but I have no sound. I am about to try to unplug/replug, but does anybody have a list of all the plugs and what they do on the back? Which wires are for what parts of the stereo?

The Nav now works, unit turns on, back up camera works, Sat comes up with my same presets.... but I can't get any sound.

2. DallasDad1000

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Have it some time for me to cool down, I unplugged everything and replug it all back in. It is now working.

iPhone ?

3. DallasDad1000

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Now the hands free request works again!

iPhone ?

4. DallasDad1000

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    All the trim comes off very easy, no screws like my VWs! Just remove 4 10mm bolts. Helps to have a 1/4 inch drive and a 6" extension.

iPhone ?