1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Pruis and The Great Heat Wave

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by newphoto, Jul 24, 2011.

1. newphoto

newphoto New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I live in Oklahoma where we have over thirty days of tempertures above 100 degrees and no rain in sight. The air conditioning on my new Prius is better than any car I have ever driven. There seems to be little time between when you switch it on and cold air coming out of the vents. The car cools down in just minutes and best of all there seems to be little loss of gas mileage when the air is on. I am completely satisfied with my Prius in every respect, but the air conditioner surprised me. I expected some anemic system, designed to save power that the Oklahoma weather would laugh at. Compared to my 2010 Rav4, the Prius air is superior.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We have a 2006 Rav4 and my girlfriend made the same comparison the other day.

3. LulzChicken

LulzChicken Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It really is a superior A/C to any other car I have owned. Also, if you're worried about the power draw of the A/C you can switch to ECO mode, as it helps conserve the power that the air conditioner uses. However, you may not want to do that with 100+ temperatures. Maybe an idea would be to crank it up to get the cabin cooled off, and once it's at a comfy temperature switch it to ECO mode and it could help. Just an idea!