1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by VABeachPrius, Aug 6, 2009.

1. VABeachPrius

VABeachPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Does the ecometer allow for one to observe what the ideal pulse rpm should be (i.e. I accelerate between 1500-1700 RPM with my 2006 using a scanguage) during accelerations? In other words, would I be able to watch the ecometer and not worry about my scangage rpm to use the optimal engine speed to accelerate?

On a good summer day without using my engine block heater, my first 5 min segment is between 30-50 depending upon traffic. Has the 2010 shown improvements in the first 5 min segments? I have read it does, but can anyone give examples.

I saw a picture of segment histories on john1701a's website. Are these histories of the last five trips. In other words, would the last five trips be displayed in histogram format so that you can look back at the last five trips and determine what the avg mpg for those trips were?

Statically the 2010 looks like more attention was given to it during design and construction? Is this also noticed when driving?

It appeared during a quick look at the navigation system, that the voice recognition was much better. Can anyone confirm?

Thank you in advance.

2. 3PriusMike

3PriusMike Prius owner since 2000, Tesla M3 2018

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    After almost 2 months I'd say that the first 5 min isn't too different than in the Gen I or Gen II. But it is summer and that's when, for me at least, the first 5 min is not that bad. Maybe it is a bit better, but the real test will be in the winter.

The history that you see in photos is based on trip A and on trip B, each indpendent (and can be overlapping each other). You choose, by reseting the trip meter when a new history entry gets made. It keeps the last five plus the "high score." Unfortunately there is no way to annotate any of these. :(

There are dozens of little improvements. I'm happy with them all mostly.

The Nav is better, but I'm comparing to a 2004, I don't know what exact improvements were inbetween. The voice recognition is still not Star Trek-like (probably won't be for decades). It has a hard time with my voice, but not my wife's.

3PriusMike