1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Subwoofer Install question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by btmendenhall, Sep 17, 2015.

1. btmendenhall

btmendenhall Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Everyone,
    This is my first post. There is a ton of data on this website, and wading through it has become a bit challenging.
    I am installing a subwoofer and amp in the cargo tray in the trunk of my 2010 JBL 8-speaker Prius. Everything is connected, minus the speaker cables and remote line:
    1) Speaker Cables: I am looking for the non-amplified line into the JBL amp under the passenger seat. All of the writeups i have seen point to the amplified lines to the speakers. If possible, Id rather not send an amplified line into an amplifier. I tapped into the larger gauge wires that go into the Blue Molex. However, the molex on the right has much smaller gauge wires. Are these the non-amplified lines?
    2) Remote Line: I read somewhere that the top-left small grey wire on the molex to the far right can be used as a remote line. Turns out, it cant. Any other recommendations?

Here is the install so far. Pretty basic. Not trying to wake up the neighbors...

[​IMG]

2. btmendenhall

btmendenhall Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Did I stump everyone with my first question?