2010 Toyota Prius model II Head Unit Upgrade

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by spiderman, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Bobulator

Bobulator Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sorry another question, do the steering wheel controls still work with this Chinese unit? And can I use my iphone with it even though it is an android system? Would probably mainly stream BT music with it. Not sure about navigation...

2. prius2010II

prius2010II Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You're asking about a 3 year old post. I don't know if the poster is still active. The unit you're asking about might not even be still available.

I replaced my original unit with an Advent OEM style HU. It broke and I recently installed a Klyde Prius specific HU. I'll start a thread this weekend.

BT music streaming should work, regardless of the OS of your phone BUT I found downward comparability with BT streaming isn't a given. After phone OS upgrades both my Samsumg phone and Apple phone stopped streaming music with my Advent unit.

Both stream fine with my new unit.

Zak2009ski and SFO like this.
  3. oknavi

oknavi New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I purchased an android 10 head unit from Oknavi in China (thru Ali.). It is a brilliant unit with very sophisticated capabilities. It plugged straight into the Prius with the supplied cable and performs very well. I managed to fit it into the hole in the dash with the brackets taken off the old unit but cant get it to fit in the frame and console. Much sending of info to Oknavi over the 9 months or so but it seems they have no brackets designed for this model prius. They supplied the correct surround for the screen which fits into the console parts but I have no way of getting them all aligned.
    Any suggestions much appreciated. It is a RHD uncomplicated gen3 out of Japan.