1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Trim Question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Mellow Grey, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Mellow Grey

Mellow Grey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've been considering buying a used 2010 Prius, and there's one nagging question I have left.

Used 2010 Toyota Prius III For Sale in Limerick PA | D30441TF | Serving Conshohocken, Norristown, Phoenixville, PA

This is the Prius, and though it says it's a III, it doesn't have the three things that make it a III: the 8 speakers, the XM satellite radio, nor the Bluetooth. This might just be an error that I'll ask about later, but I was wondering about this in general, like if it's a common occurrence with used Prii (that's the plural I've seen online) to show the wrong trim level or if I'm just being screwed out of my money.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. batsai

batsai Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It could be- I encountered an ad for a used (Toyota Certified??!?) 2012 Prius Three that definitely was a Two. The ad said it had navigation and entune when there clearly was no Apps button by the touch screen! When I asked the salesperson (who was very nice) about the lack of standard features, she couldn't explain herself. That car listing was later corrected. (And I ended up getting a new Blizzard Pearl Three. :))

I would definitely ask. Have you actually driven the car and examined it for
    yourself! A brief google search would seem to indicate that Bluetooth and 8 speaker stereo system should be included on a 2010 Three...

Good luck!

iPhone ?

3. szgabor

szgabor Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    the best thing to check/ask fort he vin number and put that into Toyota Website it will tell you what toyota think it is.

4. 3TE

3TE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That is a Prius III I decoded the vin -->
    2010 Toyota Prius Prius III VIN JTDKN3DUXA0051340 - Free Toyota Prius VIN Decoder

That is a nice prius but seems to be overpriced as the original MSRP as listed was 23,000 in 2010. I just got a II in NJ with 68,000 miles for 5 thousand less.

I would keep looking if I were you.

5. Dawit

Dawit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The Prius III should have all the options you've have listed. I think over $19K for 2010 model is a bit much. If I were you I'd look into getting a brand new 2012 model for a few thousand dollars more. I'm sure there are a few 2012 models left in some dealers lot and they would be eager to make deals.

6. szgabor

szgabor Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I agree I got a 2012 two for $24k even (all but taxes included) brand new. It has bluetooth, no satelite radio not sure how many speakers but who cares really it sound better than mine 2010 Two (bought 2009 July but Sandy drowned it) the only thing I missing really the backup camera but can be installed cheap later. You must carefully inspect the car and request list of all features.

7. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think we all know what's really happening when a model Two is advertised as a Three. These dealers have all-computerized records and they know exactly what the trim level of the car is, but the customers don't know, and they punch "Prius Three" into Kelly Blue Book and the dealer makes more money.