1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 and Scangauge II

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by hamil33, Feb 12, 2011.

1. hamil33

hamil33 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Does buying the Scangauge II make sense for a Prius Four (2011) model? I'm sure the Scangauge will provide some code information, but does the car not already provide a lot of the "read-outs"? I am picking up my car next Tuesday so cannot refer to the manual.

2. guinness_fr

guinness_fr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just drive the car for a while and then you can decide for yourself whether you want more information or not.

Personaly I've found that I like to have the engine RPM (because I like to glide in N) and coolant temperature (for AC management and because I blocked the lower grille).

YMMV.

3. unkprius

unkprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you have the dealer shorten the reverse beep before you take the car home, most of the rest of Scangauging is entertaining/highly informative/useful information, but not absolutely necessary to enjoy the car. As said above wait a little while and see if the car's display is enough. I had the gauge hooked up to my old Elantra for four straight years, but with so much information available in the Prius dash display, I'm now more concerned with having a good clean cable run so the Scangauge can be hidden but light up the inside of the center console with a nicely matching dashlight-green glow. :p

4. hamil33

hamil33 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks. As you well know.... waiting for anything when you have a new Prius is not easy. But I'll try to be patient.