1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Five Driver Side Mirror Glass

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Michael G, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Michael G

Michael G Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Did a search and see a lot of topics on this, but not my exact question. I have 2011 Toyota Prius Five. Driver side mirror was hit by a Lacrosse ball and spider webbed. Mirrors are not heated (at least no that I'm aware of), but I assume the wires are there in the mirror housing? Only thing wrong is the glass. Can I replace with a heated mirror glass just as easy as a non heated mirror glass?

2. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The mirrors are heated on the Five.

I would recommend doing what I did - get online with ebay.co.uk and search for a Prius mirror glass. Then, look for a seller who seems reputable and is a dealership. Email them and ask them to order you a LHD driver side aspherical heated wing mirror. If you have regular stringent state safety inspections, this may not be a viable option. However, in Illinois, we don't, and the last five cars I've had, I've done this with. It basically has a built-in blind spot mirror. This takes about two days' worth of driving to get used to and then you'll wonder how you ever got along without it.