1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 HYBRID INDICATOR LIGHT JUST CAME ON HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by PTHEBEST, Feb 8, 2015.

1. PTHEBEST

PTHEBEST Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I was driving down the freeway yesterday in my 2011 Prius (110,000 MI) and the Hybrid indicator light
    Came on and the car completely shut down, i coasted over to the shoulder and tried to restart it but was
    unsuccessful the car would not go in to drive and the gas motor would not start up!! :( i have since towed
    it back home and now looking for advice it is my only car and am very fearful this will cost me an arm and
    leg i have heard many dealer horror stories with battery replacement coasting over $2,000 not sure what to do next? any help would be appreciated

Thanks

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If it's the inverter, it would be under warranty. Battery would not shut down like that

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    might be the charger issue a lot of peeps have had to have replaced. not sure if it shuts the car down, there's some threads here.thats some serious miles, how fast were you going?

#3 bisco, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015