1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Hyundai Sonata recall

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by brad_rules_man, Sep 26, 2010.

1. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow! They recalled over 140,000 Sonatas because the steering joint or something wasn't properly attached or tightened. They caught it before anyone was even hurt.

I for one have really enjoyed them, I think they look great. For the longest time I kept mistaking them for Lexus, and then ridiculously I mistook a Lexus for the Sonata. I don't know I'm dumb like that sometimes.

2. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So it was not design flaw nor manufacturing defect. The root cause appears to be in the assembly process.

3. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They are cheaper, but incredibly nice. Time will tell their longevity. I had a hyundai elantra 02, and it proved to be a great car, and lasted a long time. (Not toyota long, but better than domestic.) And yes, it was an assembly problem. It just requires adjusting.

The dealership here, (KC SUMMERS) seems to have made their entire rental/loaner fleet out of these. They also put their name at the top of the windshield on every one of them. lol