1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 III alarm upgrade info please.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by itsmejto, Jun 28, 2011.

1. itsmejto

itsmejto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Unfortunately my local Toyota dealers don't seem to understand .....

I have a new 2011 Prius III which has the emergency horn button on the remote, but no real alarm as such.
    Is there a Toyota or other manufacturer that makes a simple plug and play upgrade module to make it a full alarm system and REMOTE START features that allow A/C or HEAT ON.

Or any other useful information would be greatly appreciated too.

2. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The button you speak of is the panic button and you are correct you should not have an alarm. There is a plug and play Toyota alarm you could get it from multiple sources. It is for sale here at PC in the PC Shop or your dealer should be able to get it for you. There are many members who have installed other alarms also try using the google search feature in the upper right corner of the page to find the threads.

http://priuschat.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/12/products_id/139

Why do you feel you need an alarm? I do not believe you can add the remote A/C option I think it's only on the Three's with the solar roof.

Posted from my iPhone via the Tapatalk app.

3. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    This alarm (link below) was already installed on one of our Prii when we purchased the car. I'm not an advocate for car alarms and would not have selected this alarm. We settled for it because we wanted the car. The best thing that I can say about this alarm is that it has never produced a false alarm. In fact it has never produced any alarm that I can recall. The alarm isn't set-off when I wash the car with the alarm activated, or when I tap firmly on the car or windows. I'm not even sure the damned thing works and am not willing to break a window to find out. Perhaps the the major benefit of the alarm is because it includes a window sticker that may thwart break-ins and because our auto insurance company gives a better rate for cars with an alarm. I hope this info helps you make a decision about this alarm.

PriusChat Shop : 2010 Toyota Prius RS3200 VIP Security System w/ Glass Breakage [PT398-47090] - $325.00$259.99

and

4. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Darn mad dog! Hehehe you linked to the same thing as me.

For the OP my buddy installed the Toyota RS3200 VIP in his Tacoma himself and said it was super easy to do.

5. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I recommend a Viper system. It will start the car from 1 mile away compared to the 90ft you get with the built in system or the VIP RS3200 system.

6. blankstare08

blankstare08 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have just had a Viper 5901 alarm installed. The main purpose was for remote start. Everything works fine except the alarm does not disarm when you grab the door handle. You have to disarm the system using the remote which also unlocks the car. The installer says this is a problem with the Viper alarm because the door unlock with the FOB does not unlock all the doors, just the driver's side door, so the system, which the viper alarm in attached is not, engaged. Am I being misinformed here? Should grabbing the handle disengage the alarm?

7. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    reprogram the FOB to unlock all the doors. It's in the manual.

8. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My Viper Alarm unlocks all the doors when I hit the button once.

I also had it setup to turn the lights off when remote start is on. I installed an aftermarket auto light option.