1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Nissan Quest teaser pictures - ENG OFF indicator in dash

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Jul 13, 2010.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Nissan releases more 2011 Quest minivan teasers — Autoblog

I'm not sure I like the styling of this minivan that much but at least it's different. Of particular interest is the pic of the gauges showing an "ENG OFF" indicator. Is that an indication of a ICE start/stop system?

Hopefully the quality and reliability are better than the disaster for the first few years of the Canton, MS produced Quest. Brand new plant w/new workers and a brand new design wasn't a recipe for success, esp. since Ghosn is known for cost cutting...

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Probably. It's a little too discreet, don't you think?

Nissan Canada doesn't even sell the Quest any more (or is it just for 2010 until the 2011 comes out?)

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    As a side note, the NAH has an "EV MODE" indicator in the dot matrix area of the dash that comes on when the ICE is off.

It also has a blue temperature icon/indicator that's lit when the ICE is cold. It goes away once the ICE has warmed up. (Don't know the threshold since I've never plugged my SG into my mom's NAH.)