1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Prius bogging or am engine shakes when I accelerate

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Punisher78, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Punisher78

Punisher78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i am having problems with my Prius. I have a 2011 prius with 145000 miles. I also have issues with the engine shakes initial idle and goes away with check engine light saying 2 & 4 misfire. Also I had a couple off issues where I was at a dead stop and when I accelerate the engine would feel like it Boggs and shakes from 0-20 mph then go away after. From 20-80 mph it's perfectly fine. Has anyone had the same issues? I am new here and any feedback would be great! Thank you!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

at 145k, you're due for a lot of maintenance. plugs, injectors, coil packs, throttle body and maf, pcv,
    intake manifold.really could be anything and many things.

have you owned it since new, and do you keep up with maintenance schedule?

3. Punisher78

Punisher78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am at a complete loss here and have no idea what it could be. I have changed my spark plugs at 90k, transaxle flush at 90k, change synthetic oil every 7500 miles. Although I have very high mileage. Roughly 145,000 miles

Thank you!

I've changed plugs but not the coil packs. Ok... Seems like I need to change a bunch of stuff. Thank you for the feedback

EDIT: I just found it my head gasket is leaking coolant into my head, does anyone know how much this will cost to fix it