1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 prius check hybrid battery warning won’t go into gear

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by nickallen717, Sep 18, 2018.

1. nickallen717

nickallen717 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    i have a 2011 toyota prius with 129k i was parked on a hill with the car on auxiliary mode for 2 hours with the ac on full then as i was going to leave i started the car and the radio screen was blank but the music was on then i left just fine and after about 5 minutes of driving the check engine light along with the yellow triangle and traction control then the “check hybrid system” warning popped up and i went to autozone and checked the light and got the “p0a80 code after that it turned on fine and i drove it to two other places before i parked it at a friends and tried to leave and i keep getting the shift to p position i’ve tried everything with the brakes and having all the doors shut. all the lights work and ac turns on it just won’t go into gear just park or neutral i’ve also tried to jump start it and checked the 12 volt at 2 different places one tested good and the other tested bad any advice on what else to do? maybe is this a blown fuse or anything else and if it is the hv battery what are the steps to test which one is bad and could i replace them individually instead of paying the full 3000$ the dealership is charging

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

start by disconnecting the 12v negative for an hour then reconnecting. if the issue comes back, confirm the battery voltage with a meter. if it is original, it is probably going bad and needs to be replaced.

Dxta likes this.