1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Prius II Barcelona Red

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by mkesquire, Jan 7, 2012.

1. mkesquire

mkesquire New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Got my new Prius on Dec 23. Really enjoying the car and the great mileage. Living in Wisconsin, I know I should expect lower winter mileage. First tank was 46.9, on the second, which i just started I'm sitting at 52ish. Any tips for highway driving would be appreciated.

Also, while my car was parked in the garage, the wife dropped something on the frame above the drivers side door. There is a dent that is about a quarter of the size of a dime, very very small. Will that affect my mpg in any significant way? Or am I only even noticing it since it is still a new baby car and I treat it with kid gloves?

Either way, I got the car because of the miles I travel for work, and it is paying back already.

2. mrnoyb

mrnoyb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome and congratulations on your new Prius. I purchased mine in September and it's been a great ride so far. I recently responded to the factory 90 day survey with the highest ratings and no complaints.

A small dimple in the skin at the roof line shouldn't create a burble in the airflow significant enough to negatively impact fuel economy.

Safe travels!

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

Like golf-balls, that dimple will likely increase your FE. :) There a an older thread in here about that IIRC,