1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Prius not going into gear - P0A7A - C1310 - C1259

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Puppyburger, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Puppyburger

Puppyburger New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hey Guys, long time reader but first time poster.

I have 2011 Prius (Four or Five) with 215,000 miles on it.

Thing is a champ usually however the other day I was driving and all of a sudden lost a good amount of power and was able to limp it to the closest gas station.

got my code reader and it pulled the following code and had a message that said check hybrid system as well as a yellow triangle.

POA7A

sat at the gas station for about 40 minutes and got back into the car and it started it up and all the lights were off and had no issues whatsoever. Was about 120miles away from home so headed home.

About a mile from the house lights came back on, loss of power and then car went into neutral with some type of braking as it slowed down a bunch and at that point it won’t go into drive at all now. (Silly for me to drive it home but it’s a regret, should of towed it)

It goes into neutral so pulled it home and been messing with it for a few hours and still won’t go into gear.

I’m now getting the POA7A code as well as C1259 & C1310.

I’ve tried jumping the battery in the back with a jump starter thinking it was maybe low voltage but car still wouldn’t go into drive.

love this car and can’t afford a car payment but have some savings to get it fixed, I’ve seen everything between a hybrid battery to a transmission with those codes so wondering what you guys think?

originally thought it could of been the inverter pump but with it not going into gear I’m thinking something else. I have noticed it burns oil and every other month or so it rattles when you first start it up and goes away a few seconds into it. This one time it was rattling really loud it honestly sounded like knocking so I turned it off and turned it back on and never did it that loud again.

I’m located between Houston & Austin so hoping to find a reputable place if it is the battery or transmission type stuff.. I just know you guys always have good info so reaching out.

majority of the stuff on the car is original including the hybrid battery.

2. Puppyburger

Puppyburger New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Also if it is anything major like transmission or hybrid battery what are those running right now with the way the car market is so high.