1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 prius recall list?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by texasboy77904, Feb 14, 2015.

1. texasboy77904

texasboy77904 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hey friends I'm looking for a list of recalls on my 2011 prius.

I'm at 57k miles & want to make sure that any possible issues can be covered before the powertrain warranty goes out at 60k miles.

If I take it to service do they "have" to replace/repair every recall or only if the car shows/tests/hears some kind of evidence for reason to have the recalls done?

I'm looking at this as "preventive maintaince." I'd hate to have possible issues down the road out of my own pocket knowing service "could" have done it for free.

Thanks

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    a recall is done at the manufacturers expense and will be performed anytime you bring your car in, regardless of warranty.

there are tsb's, technical service bulletins that they will perform only if the car is exhibiting symptoms, and only free if under warranty.

then, there are extended warranties, which they issue when a part exhibits an inordinate number of failures, but still will not repair unless showing signs of failure.

there maybe more variations on these themes, i'm not sure. you can log your vin into the toyota owners website to see what services have been performed and what are outstanding.