1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 7" JBL Nav unit into 2015 6.1" non-JBL Nav unit?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ryan Will, May 19, 2023.

1. Ryan Will

Ryan Will Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all,

I usually try to do a search, but I'm a bit short on time and the bit I searched didn't seem to come up with an answer.

I have an opportunity to get a 7" stock JBL navigation head unit out of a 2012 Prius, and I wanted to know if it would/should fit in my 2015 that has the stock 6.1" navigation unit. I don't have any issues with mine, but I thought if I can get the better unit for basically nothing (and it's working), why not?

Thank you in advance!

(I also posted this in the mods and accessories section, but realized it was best posted here)

2. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Without seeing pictures, i'm guessing that the screen size will be larger but not head unit's overall size. So, in theory, it should fit.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The electrical connectors from the wiring harness might not go into the sockets at all. You can check the wiring diagram to be sure:

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

Also, the JBL head unit will not give you any sound, unless you also pick up the JBL amp and install it under the seat, and reroute the speaker wiring to it.