1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Aqua Cruise Control Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Karls0n, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Karls0n

Karls0n New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi All,

I've retrofitted a cruise control switch and wiring as per the Rostra instructions and as far as I can tell it's almost working. Almost..

When pressing the cruise 'on' button the cruise control symbol lights up on the dash shortly followed by it turning off and a fault popping up in Japanese which translates to 'Cruise System Check'.

This occurs when driving above 40km/hr and without the brakes being engaged.
    I've checked the brake switch actuation and found it to be working correctly.

If I turn on cruise control while pressing the brakes either at rest, or driving no fault comes up until the brakes are released.
    So it seems the brake switch is the problem. I've seen mention on this forum and others of brake switch changes being required for this year but never any deatils.

The current brake switch appears to have 7 pins, only 5 are used currently (Green, White, Blue, Yellow and Black)

Has anyone had the same experience or can point me to details?

P.s. have searched this forum extensively with no luck, perhaps I'm using the wrong terms

2. naveedakhter01

naveedakhter01 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Aqua
    Model:
    Two
    Having the same problem. Did you find any solution?

3. Karls0n

Karls0n New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A