1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Blizzard Pearl of course...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Lindsi, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Lindsi

Lindsi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm Lindsi. My boyfriend and I purchased my first brand spanking new car at the end of December. I've never paid more than a couple grand for a car so this was huge for me. I had been researching for a good year as my current car was slowly deteriorating and scaring the crap out of me by just turning off while driving. I had my options narrowed down to 3...the Prius, a Kia Soul (don't laugh, it had everything I wanted and in a price range I was more excited about but he hated it so that basically ended that idea) and a Kia Sportage (his mom had to go and buy one like a month before we bought the Prius). So far, I'm incredibly happy with our purchase. It has EVERYTHING I wanted. It's tall enough for both of us, I'm 5'10, he's 6'2ish. My previous car, a Suzuki Aerio SX, made me LOVE having a hatch back so that was seriously a must have ( I never want to have a trunk again). I also missed having a moon roof, cannot wait to open that up in the summer time. The gas mileage was honestly not one of the selling points for us, its just a great bonus.
    As the title states...I went with Blizzard Pearl because it is gorgeous...luckily, the dealership we purchased from provides a lifetime supply of car washes, it's not a touchless wash though which has me a bit worried for the long run.
    I owned a couple Neons years ago...did some mods myself from the info I found in forums, so I actually found this forum within a week of buying the Prius and have read A LOT. We don't plan on doing anything major with the Prius...maybe a few years down the road converting it to a plug in, but for now...I'm loving having such a great looking car. I have done some necessary changes to it that seem to be the trend here... Tinted the windows...nice and dark...it looks amazing. Was ecstatic when I learned about the black alloy wheels hiding behind the stupid wheel covers and I removed those immediately and bought the center caps on Amazon. Not a huge fan of black wheels, but the center caps and the lugs stand out enough to make me happy. Need to get a pic of it with the tint and wheels, only have a pic of it the day I bought it sitting next to my old car.

20121228_101029.jpg

dustoff003 likes this.
  2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Of course! Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride! Be sure to sign up for the Blizzard Brigade.

dustoff003 likes this.
  3. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats!
    You picked the right color too :D
    In any case Toyota > Kia quality wise- so again, wise choice.
    Now jump into the Gen III forum and make some friends....