1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 BMW ActiveHybrid 5

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by jsfabb, Dec 12, 2012.

1. jsfabb

jsfabb Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    When Toyota birthed the Prius at the turn of the millennium, most of the human race thought that using two forms of energy conversion for motive power when one had previously sufficed was a dumb idea. Now that nearly 2.5 million of these gas-electrics have been sold worldwide and Toyota’s odd-sounding nameplate has expanded to encompass a family of four models, it’s clear that hybrids are here to stay. Even though most buyers aren’t quite sure how they work, the Prius’s combination of affordability and exemplary gas mileage has robust appeal.

2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I never understood why BMW and VW said Diesel is the future when Toyota and Honda walked away with the Hybrid market. Looks like they made another attempt at Hybrid and perhaps the car has some acceleration the 8K difference may be steep. Bimmer drivers tend to like o overpay though. Not sure if the MPG is worth he price difference so clean emissions is all that is left.

3. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The trick for bmw is to use the 28i engine - 2L turbo and tune it for efficiency:)

4. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'll be honest I like European cars and owned a BMW that I purchased new. It was a money pit. Great drive but bled me dry. Girls loved the fact I was single lived near the beach had a great job and drive a Bimmer. Between the car and the girls it was a drain but heck you got to live that for awhile. When it comes to reliability BMW is just not good beyond the first 3 years. Many friends may disagree with me on the older cars Pre 2005. My friend has a 2010 7 series and it has more electrical problems than he can handle. The dealer gives him a free loaner car but he will give it up when the lease expires and move to a Zlexus or Infiniti.