1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 C4-USB/Aux issues?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by sinner949, May 15, 2013.

1. sinner949

sinner949 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    HI I have a 2012 C4 and am having issues mostly with the USB port. I keep getting a message saying something about the battery and it will be shut off. (sorry i don't know EXACTLY what the error message says) Also my AUX sound quality is a bit on the sucky side lately. Anyone with an idea or fix please HELP!! and BTW I am now out of warranty by about 25k miles(about 50k miles in just over a year) so taking it in for the audio is no financially responsible of me right now.

2. MotorcycleGoat

MotorcycleGoat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    What are you plugging in to the USB port? Where do you see the message about the battery? Knowing the exact message text is important so we can help...

3. AliIzad

AliIzad Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I received a similar message when i tried using a cheap after market lightning cable to connect my iPhone. Every time I connected my phone via USB, I would see the message and the USB connection would be shut down by the computer. Switched back to the original Apple cable, and problem solved. I'm not sure what your exact situation is. So if you haven't changed cables, you can rule this one out.