1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Five w/ ATP Surround Sound Function?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sa177, Feb 28, 2012.

1. sa177

sa177 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Does anyone know if this is a surround sound function with the Audio function? I know on the manual that it states there is this function, but when I try to look for it in the car, it is not there. :mad:

The sounds from these JBLs aren't that great as I would have hoped, but maybe its due to the loud cabin noise when I'm driving?

2. user659

user659 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Here in Canada it's called the Technology Package and my recently purchased Prius V also does not have that feature enabled even though it's mentioned in the Manual.

3. user659

user659 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Toyota Canada confirmed that the User Manual is wrong. The SURROUND function is not part of the JBL system in the PRIUS V Technology Package (at least not in Canada). Kinda makes you wonder if they intended to install a better model of the JBL but changed their minds.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Funny. They did the same for 2010 (not the manual but it was mentioned) that there was a surround sound function in the DSP tab of the SOUND menu but that was taken out (and conversely, there was an automatic sound levelling function for the 2004-2005 models in the DSP tab of the SOUND menu but no DSP tab lol).