1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Gen 3 Newbie, Kinda. Gen 3 is cheaper.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Mudshark, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Mudshark

Mudshark Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    2012 Gen 3 Newbie, Kinda. 2012 Gen 3 is cheaper.

Hi All:

I'm back as a newbie again. Got a "big brother" for our 2009 Gen2.
    I started out looking for a 2011 Prius IV with Nav system, until I noticed that a brand-spanking-new 2012 Prius IV has it in the Entune package for free, as well as all the other features I wanted.

The 2012 IV is actually many, many $100's of dollars less than the 2011 right now.

The dealer had many colorful words about this situation as he still had a ton of 2011's on the lot. Good luck selling them!

Still don't know what the heck they were thinking of with the "Flying Buttress" console with the shift selector. I'd take that animal out if I could. But once I figure out how to glide in the 2012 (couldn't get it during the test drives) I'm sure I'll be happy with it for a loooooong time (traded in a 1998 Regal for it).

Hang loose
    Mudshark...

2. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Lots depend on geographical location on which one you are looking for. Here in the DC area the IIs are running very short for 2011s.

Even deals on the 2012s may get harder out our way. I got mine for about $23800+ - about a $1000 less than any other II on the lot at the time. One Nova dealer on cars dot com is not even listing the price there on the 2012s!

For me I am very happy that Koons Toyota made me walk over my trade for one of their "last" two 2011s last Saturday/Sunday (white/light grey) not my favorite color choices. Very happy with the upgrades to my Winter Grey w/dark grey interior. Worth the extra $ IMO.