1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 HU Bypass - Negatives

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Hank101, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Hank101

Hank101 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What are the disadvantages, or drawbacks from using the HU bypass?

2. alfa737

alfa737 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You could get ticketed for that in New York...don't know about other places.

3. drew935

drew935 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Well, I picked up my client's car last night and before I left he wanted to see or hear this mix of EDC. So I'm driving on the highway and the music is great but the video is a distraction to me as the screen is bright at night. That's the only thing that I can think of.

4. bielinsk

bielinsk Gremlin

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    What is an HU Bypass?

Ah Head Unit bypass.

Not sure what you are asking. If you use the speed bypass and/or parking brake, the only downside I noticed is that it pauses my navigation, as the HU thinks its going REALLY slow.

I was using nav, hit the bypass to dial a number, my nav stopped. After I dialed the number I turned off the bypass and the nav caught up to where I was and picked right up.

So, if you are watching a movie, don't plan on using the nav for directions.

5. Hank101

Hank101 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am referring to the "speed bypass" - sorry.

Do you loose any safety features (aibag ect...) ?

I have a 2012 Prius II (non-nav) and there are some other motion related screens on the HU (charge, consumption, ect..) Do you loose any of these, or change accuracy?