1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012+ LED Fog Light Replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by pauerbach, Mar 30, 2014.

1. pauerbach

pauerbach Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Has anyone replaced their factory fog light bulbs with LED replacements? I've already got factory halogen units, so I'd just need the new bulbs. I'm not concerned about reduced functionality/brightness as I don't live in a foggy area. I'd just like the more modern look of high intensity lights. I'm considering something like these from Amazon:

Amazon.com: HDL 68-SMD 5202 H16 LED Replacement Bulbs For Fog Lights or Daytime Running Lamps, Xenon White: Automotive

Thoughts?

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    No, SMD leds are not good replacements for fog lights.

A few members have projector fog lamps (including high power LED fogs).

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you just want the look of HIDs, buy some halogen bulbs with blue capsules/glass. They'll for sure have reduced output, and they'll probably last longer than those relatively cheap SMD LEDs.

If you want lower watts as well, buy blue capsuled 35w H8 halogen bulbs and do a simple modification to one of the tabs on the base to make it fit in your H11 foglight (link in my signature below).

SCH-I535