1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Nav: Highway info hiding audio info

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by loganx3d, Jun 6, 2012.

1. loganx3d

loganx3d New Member

I have a 2012 Prius with the Advanced tech package, and when I show the split screen Maps and Audio information, the Audio info keeps getting hidden beneath useless highway exit popups. I can't seem to find a way to disable this… is there a setting for that?

If in fact I *can't* turn this off, is there some official avenue to complain directly to Toyota? It's easily the most frustrating part of this car.

2. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You can turn this off! But it's not obvious how, and I agree with you that it was most frustrating! You have to actually be on a freeway in order to turn it off. I believe it's under "Show On Map" and then "Map Mode." There's a "Freeway Exit Info" button. I believe I deselected it by selecting "Map Only."

I'm doing this from memory, but I think that's how it works. I'll check when I get to my car, and if I'm way off I'll post again.

As I mentioned, you have to actually be driving down a freeway in order to do this. I suggest bringing along a passenger to push the buttons.

3. jabecker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Slight change in directions... from the map, touch "Map Mode," then "Other Information." That's where the "Freeway Exit Info" button can be found. You have to be moving for it to be active, and thus to turn it off. You may need to be actually on a freeway - I'm not sure.

4. loganx3d

loganx3d New Member

Wow, thank you so much! That is such an unintuitive interface…

5. jabecker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    No problem! :)

6. RaZa

RaZa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    lol menu options that can only be set when the vehicle is in motion. good 1 toyota

7. jabecker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yeah. That's one of my favorite new features, too. o_O