1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Plugin Hybrid HOV sticker

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by cproaudio, Jan 15, 2011.

1. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I know it's still too early to tell but any know if a converted PHEV qualifies for the California 2012 Plugin Hybrid HOV sticker? DMV allows converted electric cars to have the white sticker.

2. scottsim

scottsim New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    grin also would like to get mine....just a bit more "eco", with a 12KWh PHEV Prius.

Scott

3. MPG > HP

MPG > HP Junior Member

Bump: 2012 Plugin Hybrid HOV sticker

40k of the new stickers will begin issuing on 1/1/12 and anyone with an eligible vehicle who has applied will presumably be in line. Does that mean if you've purchased a Volt or other PHEV (conversions in addition to new?) by then that you will be in line according to your place in the application queue? 40k doesn't seem like much, in light of the initial popularity of the current program, plus the greater selection of cars and (not so temporary, this time) higher fuel prices.

I guess those of us with expiring stickers will be watching 6 months of empty carpool lanes along with everyone else. I wonder how CalTrans justifies removing the ~65K currently stickered cars for that length of time with plans for replacing only 40k! :eek:

4. prioki

prioki Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Re: Bump: 2012 Plugin Hybrid HOV sticker

Maybe they'll extend the old stickers until the new ones come out (hope, hope).

5. priuslovers

priuslovers Way Out Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Has anyone heard of a possible extension for the HOV stickers
    in california?

6. lesdit

lesdit New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Not sure where or how you would see empty carpool lanes, but where I live, non sticker-ed cars and trucks ( with work crews ) far outnumber sticker-ed cars.

7. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

No, Prius PHV (OEM, not conversion) is the only car qualified for the new Green sticker.

Eligible Vehicles - Single Occupant Carpool Lane Use Stickers

8. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

The yellow HOV's 85,000 sticker was shared by 5 vehicles Gen 1 Prius, Gen 2 Prius, Gen 1 Civic Hybrid, Gen 2 Civic Hybrid, and Gen 1 Insight. I didn't count the Gen 3 Prius or the Gen 2 Insight because you can't apply for the yellow HOV sticker for those cars anymore. The Green HOV's 40,000 stickers will only be available to 1 vehicle, the Gen III Prius PHEV. Too bad no converted Prius will qualify.

1 person likes this.