1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius 3 interior

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by BSWEET, Feb 29, 2012.

1. BSWEET

BSWEET New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi Everyone,
    I just got my first Prius Sunday. I decided to go with the package 3 with the cloth interior (Bisque) over the package 4 because I found out that what dealers are calling "leather" is actually imatation and not the real thing. I think that the cloth is not going to hold up very well and will get dirty very quickly, so I have ordered a Clazzio leather interior kit for it. Has anyone else out there installed one of these kits?

Thanks,
    Bill

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the forum. I grew up in Fairfield. :)

Unfortunately most cars with an MSRP of less than $50k do not offer full real leather. Some have leather inserts and most are vinyl.

A lot of people have installed aftermarket leather seating. Do a search for the brands you are interested in and you'll find the information you seek.

Until you get the leather installed, I suggest Zep Carpet and Upholstry Cleaner. You can find it at Home Depot in the cleaning supplies isle. Look for a blue spray bottle. It keeps my Ivory interior spotless and mine is lighter than Bisque.

3. BSWEET

BSWEET New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Thanks, I wont be able to install them for another week or so, so I will pick up some of the Zep Carpet Cleaner tomorrow.

Bill