1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius c AC issues

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by SmilesPerGallon10, Sep 8, 2023.

1. SmilesPerGallon10

SmilesPerGallon10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Hello!

Recently bought a 2012 Prius C with 79k miles.For the first two weeks of driving it, the AC has worked fine, but I had not adjusted the temperature knob to anything but LO.

Was driving the other day and tried the AUTO AC setting. Now I'm having an issue where the AC will only blow cold when the car first starts. Once I start driving and the ICE engine kicks on, it begins blowing lukewarm air.

I plugged the car into Techstream and got the following codes in the AC ECU (showing as history, not current for some reason):

- B1441 - Air mix damper control servo motor circuit (passenger side)
    - B1442 - Ain inlet damper control servo motor
    - B1443 - Air outlet damper control server motor circuit
    - B14B2 - Lost connection with front panel LIN
    - U0101 - Lost communication with TCM
    - U0293 - Lost connection with HV ECU.

So far, all I've tried is to clear the codes and disconnect the 12V battery, but this did not seem to do anything. Any ideas?

2. Sonic_TH

Sonic_TH Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Same thing happened to me, the only solution i found was to disconnect the 12v battery for a few minutes and to always leave the A/C on LO, never put it on a higher temperature.

3. SmilesPerGallon10

SmilesPerGallon10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    I ended up figuring it out. There’s a utility in TechStream that recalibrates the blend door servos. Apparently they can go out of sync after the 12v battery is disconnected over time. I ran the utility, and AC is blowing ice cold all the time now.