1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius C Battery Question

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Daniel Jenkins, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Daniel Jenkins

Daniel Jenkins New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Good morning everyone. I’ve owned a Prius c for quite a few years and I love my car. I recently paid it off and was very excited and happy. Unfortunately about a week after paying it off I was getting in my car and the lanyard of my keys got tangled in the lever that operates the high beams and turn signal and ripped it out leaving my high beams on and after many failed attempts to remedy this my car died. I don’t know what to do and I was hoping someone here could give me direction on where to start on trying to get my powered up and back on the road.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    sorry to hear it, maybe can the lanyard.
    most likely, your 12v was drained. try a jump start to see if that helps. if so, you either need to charge the battery or replace it.
    you will also have to dismantle the steering column and repair the damage so it won't short out again.