1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius C cannot clear P0a80

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by igorprius777, Feb 11, 2024.

1. igorprius777

igorprius777 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    200k miles,
    I rebalance the battery and sanded copper bars.
    replaced the cooling fan and can hear and see it run.
    Can drive 1/4 mile or more on batteries before gas kicks in, so the pack is strong.

But cannot erase P0A80 and alarm " Check the hybrid system" coming back after 10-20 miles of driving.
    12V battery is good under load, 12+V

Invertor pump runs but cannot see much movement in the tank, coolant is really clear and clean.
    I was able to screenshot on Dr.Prius the RED SOC and Voltage, see pictures.
    is 28 Amps is too much charging? maybe my inverter going bad?

Please help.

Attached Files:

2. Carall

Carall Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What is hidden under the word rebalance?
    If only you have restored the remaining capacity in the modules then:
    Charge the whole pack to 70% by putting the gear stick into D and stepping on the gas pedal while holding your other foot on the brake pedal. Discharge it under a load of 6-7 amps, loading it with the reverse gear, headlights, etc. You have the Dr. Prius app so you can see the current load in it. Once the discharge reaches 41%, turn off your Prius and let the battery sit for 10 minutes to stabilize the modules and measure the voltage on each module. If all the modules are original, then the voltage should not vary more than .10 volts. Anything over .10 volts is trash. Even if some of these modules are still working, they won’t last long.
    When the P0A80 code appears, there are usually no more than three bad modules in the battery.

igorprius777 likes this.