1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius c Pricing (Cdn)

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Tideland Prius, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Starts at $20,950 plus Freight/PDI which is up $75 to $1,565.

I'll edit this post as the prices for the other trim levels are released.

2. wongnog

wongnog Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Technology
    Thanks for the base msrp price info! I'm looking for any and all info on the c for us in Canada. I read on a few places that the c will have only 2 trim levels in Canada. It will be interesting to see the differences between the 4 American trim levels, but I suspect we won't get an Entune option (seeing as how pandora doesn't work up here without a VPN). Really want to know what the other trim levels are priced at, when we can expect to see them I'm showrooms and when they'll be available to take home! I'm going to the Canadian international auto show here in Toronto so if I find out more i'll post it.

3. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sure, thanks! I think I saw a white plug-in Prius in someone's photo on display at the CIAS. I haven't heard about the number of trim levels. I've speculated 2 or 3 trim levels (I suspect we won't get the equivalent of the Prius c One).

No Entune. If you want to get a preview of the 6.1" Display Audio system, check out the Prius v (all but the top model) or the Camry (all models except the LE Hybrid or XLE V6 or XLE Hybrid w/ Leather & Nav Package) at the auto show.

4. wongnog

wongnog Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Technology
    Is freight and pdi the same for all trim levels? Purchased my first new car 7 years ago so I'm a little rusty on this part.

5. wongnog

wongnog Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Technology
    Just got back from the CIAS. The Prius C is there but on display only, and you can't even get close to it to touch or peek inside. Took a bunch of pics and a video of it spinning around the pedestal that I'll post on YouTube. No info on pricing or trims, but they said they will be in Canadian showrooms on March 12.

6. oldasdust

oldasdust Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Chicago auto show on the 17th they had several c's and you could sign up to drive one at the show in a test area.

7. wongnog

wongnog Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Technology
    I'm guessing that's because in the states you already have the c in your showrooms, but here in Canada they won't be at dealerships until march 12.

8. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Freight/PDI is the same (unless you buy a Yaris or Corolla/Matrix. They have lower PDIs).

Also, Freight/PDI are the same thing. I had a dealer charge me "Freight" and "PDI" separately, totalling nearly $2,100 (Freight = $1,495 and PDI = $600).

9. wongnog

wongnog Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Technology
    Just got back from my local Toyota dealer in Toronto and got exclusive pricing info for us Canadians! This was released in an internal memo dated today, they wouldn't print a copy out for me but I was able to jot it down by hand. There are 3 trims for Canada:

A: Base model = $20,950

• Power windows
    • Projector-beam halogen headlamps
    • Air conditioning
    • 3.5-in color TFT Multi-Information Display
    • ECO drive mode
    • 15" steel wheels
    • Cruise control
    B: Technology package = $23,160

• Smart Key System
    • Touch Tracer Display steering wheel
    • Display Audio with Navigation
    • 15" alloy wheels
    C: Technology + Premium package = $25,340

• SofTex-trimmed heated front seats (synthetic leather)
    • Power tilt/slide moonroof
    • Integrated fog lamps
    • 16" alloy wheels
    I put a refundable deposit down for package C in Magnetic Grey Metallic. My dealer will be getting a package B in Moonglow (white) on March 12, they said they'd call me when it arrives so I can test it out. My car should arrive two weeks after that, and I can make my final decision then. I'm so excited!!!

No financing information is available yet but they expect it to be "standard", or comparable to what the regular Prius gets now. I also got a glance to see what MSRP is vs. wholesale price, and the difference is around $300. They said there's no negotiation on these cars, just like their Scions, where a dealer only gets one vehicle in at a time. So I'm guaranteed to be one of the first Prius C owners in Canada I think!

2 people like this.
  10. wongnog

wongnog Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Technology
    And here's my video of the Prius C at this weekend's Canadian International Autoshow. It turns around very slowly on its stage, so you can watch it in all it's 1080p HD glory here:

1 person likes this.
  11. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sweet. Thanks for the update! Wow, I expect the base model to be the volume seller. At $21,000 for essentially a very well equipped car, I don't think Toyota Canada can keep any of these on the lots!

12. wongnog

wongnog Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Technology
    It's definitely going to be a hot seller! I'm so glad I held off on buying the Honda Fit two years ago, mostly because it lacked steering wheel audio controls and moonroof, which two model years later are still not available in Canada on that car. It's funny that the Canadian base model is essentially the American Prius c Two. And our highest priced model is only $1000 more than the American equivalent c Four + Options. That's not a bad price difference between countries.

13. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah that is a pretty competitive rate. Kudos to TCI for being able to negotiate that kind of pricing! I'm glad the base model is very well equipped (and at least at first glance isn't missing anything) so people aren't forced to move up if they don't have to. It's only $1k more than a Yaris RS 4A and about the same as a Corolla LE.

Some may say that $25k is quite a bit for a small car considering that a loaded Mazda3 GT w/ GT-E Package is only $1k more ($2k with automatic) but there isn't any car in its class that offers the same optional features. (which is why they all stay below $20,000). Ok maybe the Kio Rio EX.

14. jkshow

jkshow New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The tech package is 2400 more for navigation, display audio, text to speech, email to speech, touch tracer steering wheel controls, push button start, smart key system, and aluminium wheels. The base model will be tempting but I'm disappointed it doesn't include push button start, Bluetooth phonebook/voice recognition, and I don't care for the traditional shifter on the floor. Thanks for the March 12 info.

15. wongnog

wongnog Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Technology
    I read the reason the base model doesn't have push button start is to entice buyers who are new to the prius hybrid family and are more comfortable with a traditional key to start the engine. At least that's the spin Toyota's putting on it.

16. wongnog

wongnog Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Technology
    1 person likes this.