1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius Five pricing.... good deal?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by k.s.c, Mar 18, 2012.

1. k.s.c

k.s.c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    New to the Prius world so I'm not too sure on price/value of the Prius so I figured that I would ask the experts.

The 2012 Prius Five in Blizzard white with iPod cable, Rear bumper protector, Carpet Mats and Trunk mat, Toyoguard Elite, and the OEM remote start for $30,900. Good deal?

2. krazypriuslady

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    When I bought mine last week, I looked at truecar.com, kbb.com and edmunds.com to get ideas for good prices. I'm sure others here can give you ideas too.

3. k.s.c

k.s.c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    KBB.com says I paid a thousand too much. Oh well. coming from a Chrysler 300C with a big V8 Hemi, I have a feeling I'll recoup my grand in a month or two with the high amount I drive. I'm happy so I suppose that is all that matters.

4. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    it's easy to compare what you paid with others and question whether you made the "best" choice or not. I traded a Sentra with an equity of roughly $4k for my Prius. That meant that whatever trim level Prius I chose, with whatever deal I was able to get for it, I had to pay $4k on top of it. That was hard to swallow at first, but then the more I test drove it, the more I fell in love with it. That's what matters; "Am I happy with the car at the end of the day?"...And you are right, the fuel savings you get from switching from a 300 C will make up for it in the long run.

5. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    That's not equity. Thats negative equity. Equity would be cash you had leftover after paying off your sentra, that could be applied towards the Prius. Instead, you were upside down. In the hole. Up a creek and short a paddle. ;)

6. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You're right, sorry, I meant negative equity. Thanks for the correction...and interesting analogies ;)