1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius II Aftermarket NAV

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PRIUS-2012, Mar 12, 2012.

1. PRIUS-2012

PRIUS-2012 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,
    I am new to this forum, I have been driving RAV4 for a while but would like to get a 2012 Prius, base model in canada (In US it is II)
    I noticed in my test drive that the head unit also displays information about the car setup/ stats and backup view from the standard backup camera which makes me wonder if I change it with aftermarket NAV , I won't be able to get this valuable information on screen anymore. Any of you has any experience with this?
    Thanks

2. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I have the 2012 non NAV II car. I looked at what I would loose, not much, nothing I cant get along without. Steering wheel items can be adapted on certain new head units, just have to see which ones.

3. PRIUS-2012

PRIUS-2012 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you guys get the backup camera standard on the II like in Canada?
    There are some vehicle settings that have to be controlled, you might lose that as well if you upgrade, things like entry access settings, car setup and such

4. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I got no backup camera on mine, nor was I asked about adding any features. Most of the base models here came with mats and the Prius sticker on the bumper.