1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius Two Help!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by TemplePhan, Nov 13, 2012.

1. TemplePhan

TemplePhan New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello everyone, this is a great site with a very knowledgeable user base. I am looking to purchase a 2012 Prius Two and I have put in an offer that is being reviewed for $22,000 dollars take home, including taxes and fees. Would this be a fair price to receive?

One more general question and I apologize there must be hundred of these threads, how have those individuals who have the Two enjoyed the vehicle thus far. Also, how well do you feel the vehicle will hold it's value over the next five years?

Thank you so much everyone!

2. Wayward

Wayward Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Are you getting a Prius C level 2 or a Prius liftback level 2?
    Because obviously the pricing would differ.
    In your profile it says a Prius C and this is the Prius liftback forum..

3. TemplePhan

TemplePhan New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Prius liftback level 2, sorry for the confusion.

4. Wayward

Wayward Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    No problem, just didn't want to answer totally wrong.
    I know at the dealership where I got my car the level 2's sell for $23,999 and that is not out the door normally.
    $22,000 OTD seems like a pretty good price to me, it also depends on your region, demand, number of vehicles on the lot etc.
    I just know that I didn't get that good of a deal on my level 4 and I paid $500 over dealer invoice.
    I believe dealer invoice is $22,560

5. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I'm thinking about trading in my 11 Prius 2 on a Camry Hybrid, was pleasently surprised by the high resale value at KBB.com I think that for value the Prius 2 is hard to beat.

6. TemplePhan

TemplePhan New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks guys for you help. Hopefully the dealership agrees to the terms should hear tomorrow.

7. Franknbeans

Franknbeans Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That is a realy good price out the door. I got mine for $23k out the door an that was down from $26k..

8. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That would be a great price OTD on a brand new 12!

9. mrstop

mrstop PWR Mode

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Fantastic price. Run, don't walk!!!

10. LHR

LHR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've been working the dealers in my region pretty hard by e-mail for a Prius hatchback Two with just carpeted mats. I've gotten them down to $22,082 not including tax and title. So your price looks great to me.

Where are you located?

Luke

11. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    3K off sticker and TFS low financing. I would take the deal. Just ask em to throw in the cargo net and we are good to go. If they balk say heck it's only $49.00. Either way take the deal. That sounds like Fleet or Costco pricing.

12. walter Lee

walter Lee Hypermiling Padawan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    short answer: Yes.

long answer:
    The internet price for a 2012 Toyota Prius II (liftback) in the DC area is from $22800 to $22200 +
    delivery charge + tax/state registration(approx 6%) + title fee.
    Other incentatives: 500 Military rebate

22000 including taxes and fees sounds like a generous offer.
    As the upward trend in price of gas is keeping the price of a used Prius up.
    The discount on a used Prius vs a new Prius is not as much as many other vehicles.

Hint/Tip:
    white and black exterior paint is easier to repaint/repair than metallic exterior paint.

warning: Unless you get a navigation system dont even consider the extended warranty that the dealer ship will be pushing. Wrt to financing - check your local credit union or bank before accepting any dealership financing deal.
    Always pick up the car in broad daylight - never start the buying process later than 11am because it takes atleast 3 hours. Donot pickup a car when its dark/at night. - because you cannot easily see any defect in the dark. Give yourself 30 minutes to 60 minutes to inspect the vehicle before signing the contract and paying for the car.

bgil and JMD like this.
  13. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Excellent advise. So are you buying new or used. I suggest new.

14. kumatae

kumatae Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    That's heck of a quote! I'm here in So Cal and best deal I could get was $22,000 without including taxes and fees. You are looking at a base price of $20,000 depending on your tax rates, which would be one of the lowest prices paid for a brand new Prius Two. Where are you located? It might be worth it to fly/drive over there if it's not on the east coast.

15. sbddude

sbddude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Did the dealer agree?

16. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wonder if he is signing papers tonight :) At that price a guy could buy a pair of them so you have one for winter & the other for summer or his & her's :)

Mike

17. Nightshaded

Nightshaded Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think it's a tough call. I was told to offer the dealer invoiced price + 5%. 22,000 would be an awesome deal, they might go for it depending on the rebates they get from Toyota, they need to get rid of the 2012 models soon.

Good luck, I just bought my prius 2 and I love it.

My dealership wanted $25,100. I received the 1000 military rebate with 1.9% financing for 60months. I also negotiated the price down to 23,500 with some free perks:
    • Documentation fee waived
    • Weathertech floormats
    • Windows tinted
    • Full car detail
    NOTE: I took their lowest price and went to a competitor 25 miles away for a better one. I then took that lowered price and went back to the original dealership. The sales manager had enough, came over, sat down with me and my salesman and said "what will it take for me to sell you this car?!?" They also offered me 1700 for my crappy trade, I was able to negotiate that to 2000. I was going to scrap it anyways, so it worked out.

18. szgabor

szgabor Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I do not know what the tax rate but this would be under dealer cost in most state ... if this includes destination fee and taxes and mandatory dmv fees etc ... I fell now really bad for my deal for 24300 all fees included and few accessories which I said I do not really want. Then tax and dmv fees.

I was in a bad situation, I really needed a vehicle both of our car including the pictured prius was destroyed by Hurricane Sandy here in LI