1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius v front seats vs 2010 Prius V Gen III seats

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by yortlecti, Nov 22, 2016.

1. yortlecti

yortlecti Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all,

I am currently driving a 2010 3rd Gen, package V. I bought the car for a steal a couple of months ago, but I have since noticed a problem: the seats grow unbearably uncomfortable after a couple hours of driving. The leather is nice, but the cushion is severely lacking in my opinion.

I have been test driving CT200h the last few days, and man... What a difference... However, my wife thinks the CT's are too small for us and our two children. So that naturally led me to look at the v's. ("You don't like my pseudo-sports-wagon, eh? FINE! I'll put you in an ugly station wagon!")

My question is simple: are the front seats in a 2012 v wagon the same as the front seats in a 2010 gen III V? Did they happen to add a layer of foam somewhere in there that would make it worth my time to track down a v, or are they identical?

Thanks!

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    PriusChat member sfv41901 has successfully fitted CT200h seats into his Gen 3.

3. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    The v seats are not the same as gen-3 seats.

4. yortlecti

yortlecti Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ha! Leave it to Masta Sean. That would be awesome!

Merged, use multiquote

Thank you, this is good to hear. Does anyone have experience with both seats, who can perhaps comment on the differences? I understand that "comfortable" is subjective, but just hearinf observations before i make the drive to test a v would be nice.

#4 yortlecti, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2016
  5. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I can only say that for tall people the v seats tend to cause issues due to the angle of the headrest. I used a Gen-3 headrest in mine to get comfortable. You'll find an old thread or two in here on that topic.

There's at least 2 different seats used, according to the trim package.

6. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Keep hearing this'legend' (like the alleged poor handling), but we are both tall and the v seats are the most comfortable for long-distance driving we have ever owned or experienced.

7. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I'm probably 6'3" in torso, have sons who are 6'4" 300 and 6'5" 180. No complaints.

2 v's in the family, one 3rd gen. My longest trips in the v have been 3-4 hours. I prefer the v to my wife's Avalon (which at 5'6" she prefers but not because of the seats).

The 3rd gen has over 100k miles and commutes 40+ miles each way to work and won't retire any time soon.

8. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Its not a legend. I was unable to drive the v for more than 15 min with the stock headrests. I guess I must be lying.

9. yortlecti

yortlecti Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm 5'10", 195lbs, and the seats in my 3rd gen package V give me hell after around the 3-4 hour mark. We drive A LOT for my wife's businss, so the Prius has been awesome for that, but I was disappointed when my supposedly top of the line 3rd gen started giving me grief i never experienced in my 2nd gen base model.

I'm hijacking my own thread here, but what about ride quality between the two vehicles? I couldn't help but notice the near silence of the CT200h. I don't expect a v to compete with that, but does it have about the same noise levels as the gen III? Does it shake from rubber to roof with every bump in the road?

10. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    YCMV, the comfort version of YMMV IOW, "Your Comfort May Vary"