1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius V Mod 3

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by CalgaryAlberta, Mar 15, 2018.

1. CalgaryAlberta

CalgaryAlberta New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have a Prius V with 250k millage on it. I've read this forum for the general maintenance that should be done to the car and also reviewed what Toyota Canada recommends as standard maintenance. To date, all I've done is change the oil (synthetic) every 8k and changed the two coolants. I also get them to check the brake pads, when I take it in for the oil change and they say the pads are fine. I just bought a Rav4 and gave the Prius to my wife. Her first visit today they are telling her she needs $3000 worth of work to be done, such as spark plugs etc.. Am I missing something that needs to be serviced?

2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome!

250K miles or Km?

@Mendel Leisk here is probably our most maintenance-minded Canadian here. He has a Gen 3 Prius but the Prius v was based off the Gen 3.

3. CalgaryAlberta

CalgaryAlberta New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    250,000 kilometers

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    155,000 miles is over schedule on the plugs and probably everything else. You would know if the plugs were not firing. I would find a good independent shop to do it for much less. They do have to take out the windshield wiper assembly to do it. Brakes are fine. I have 190,000 miles / 305,000 km on my brakes and counting. What else did they want to do?

Mendel Leisk likes this.