1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius w/HDD nav, phone contacts question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Matt M., Mar 6, 2012.

1. Matt M.

Matt M. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four

I just bought a 2012 Prius Four with the solar roof package. I love the car! (Will post much more about it later.) But I'm having an annoying problem with using the hands-free with my cell phone.

I can pair the phone (a Nokia 6700 Classic) just fine, and I can manually dial numbers using the on-screen keypad, or initiate a call on my phone and then talk on the speakerphone. But when I try to do anything with contacts, I don't get anywhere. When I try to transfer contacts from my phone, it says "transfer failed". And, despite what I see in the manual, I don't see any way to manually create/add a new contact using the interface on the nav. So as far as I can see there is NO WAY for me to create or edit any contacts.

But, I also tried pairing my wife's Motorola Krzr K1, and when I do that, I am able to transfer contacts (one at a time, at least), and I am also able to create new contacts using the interface on the nav, and edit contacts in the list.

Does anyone know why the contacts function doesn't seem to be working at all with my Nokia?

2. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I got my iPhone to work fine with bluetooth, contacts are a touchy thing. I tried to add and it said no room. If you miss the keypad right from the get go, then you need to cycle through the system to get it back. I can search through my contacts on the screen, I have a non nav system.

3. Julius1

Julius1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2011 Prius and I am unable to operate my phone. I was able to get my phone to ring but in the book directions is says about pressing the button with the (face and sound wave) I have looked and I am unable to find it. My Prius does not have the Nav. System.