1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius w/Sport Package POST-Accident

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Me Here, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Me Here

Me Here Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    P1020279.JPG The front drivers side bumper is not as snug next to the fender toward the headlight, but more snug toward the wheel.
    P1020281.JPG The passenger side bumper is not snug to the fender at all.
    P1020293.JPG The passenger side rear taillight is snug at the top (left side) and gets loose as it travels down (to the right.)
    P1020295.JPG
    The drivers side rear taillight is not as snug throughout.
    P1020298.JPG
    The passenger side rear bumper is loose (and sticks out further) toward the taillight and gets very snug toward the wheel.
    P1020301.JPG
    The drivers side rear bumper is snug toward the tire and gets looser as you travel toward the taillight.
    P1020307.JPG
    The hood pops up with quite the loud thud (maybe every ones does?) but has quite the gap all the way around.

These are just some of the repair flaws I've found. I have a dozen more pictures of the front bumper being ill alined around the headlights, the front windshield seal is poorly in place etc. Does anyone else's hood have such a gap not only in the front, but on the sides as well?

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You're also missing the driver's side tow hook cover in the front bumper.

michinnom likes this.
  3. Me Here

Me Here Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    :) Yeah, it's at the shop right now getting painted because it was not "blended" in to the new paint and you could see that the color from the bumper and it were not matching.

4. wotcher

wotcher Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    what are your options? keep fixing until it meets your satisfaction? was it a good shop?

5. Me Here

Me Here Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I can't say if it was a good shop or not. If it is and they have done all they can to get it as perfect as they can then really its just the nature of the damage that can't be fixed. On the other hand maybe they didn't do their best work. Right now I'm waiting for a State Farm rep to come out and take a look to see what they think. My gut says its not fixable, I even took it to another shop and they couldn't pin point a solution to all the problems on visual inspection, he even crawled under it. They would need to tear it all down again to make a more accurate decision.

6. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    once it's hit, it will never be as new, don't drive yourself crazy, trade it in on another one.

7. Me Here

Me Here Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It's already driving me crazy. I'll get more for trade-in or even private party if it's at least decent looking and right now it's not at all.

8. wmo168

wmo168 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

Did they end up fixing it right ? Did you trade in another car now?

9. Bingee

Bingee Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Your dealings with STATE FARM will go better , if you used one of their repair shops
    ... Make them make it right ....

10. Mike Rosenzweig

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Seems like the hood is okay....mine also makes a loud thud when I pop it open, and I have about that same gap distance as well.

11. michinnom

michinnom Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, mine's accident free and exhibits all of your symptoms. Dude, it's an expensive compact car, the fit and finish is above average to good, not perfect. Live with it.