1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Three vs 2010 V

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by gsboca, Feb 27, 2014.

1. gsboca

gsboca New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm in the market for a Prius and have my choices narrowed down to two, a 2012 Three or a 2010 V. Both have 34K miles and are listed between $18-20K.

The Three has leather and navigation.
    The V is fully loaded with all options.

Most of the options on the V are unimportant to me, I really just want a well maintained low mileage Prius with Bluetooth and leather.

Any thoughts on which is the better choice? Is there a huge difference between the 2010 and 2012 models?

Thank you.

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    GO FOR THE 2012, BETTER RESALE VALUE

3. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The 2010 is priced way too high. Did you check KBB for the prices in your area?

4. gsboca

gsboca New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

I did check the pricing and its a little high for the area but I can work on that a little as its at a dealer. My main concern is whether there is big difference, other than age, between a 2010 and 2012.

5. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If the gadgets are unimportant to you, then don't get them; it's one more thing to break, and they're more expensive to replace. The 17" tires are more expensive, too, and hurt fuel economy a tiny bit. The 2012 was the mid-cycle refresh, so the styling is slightly different, and the navigation system was upgraded. Some models added DRLs, too. The 2012 will also come with any changes they made along the way - I have a fairly late 2010 model, and so the most recent recall is the first one to affect me. There have been 2 other recalls that affected earlier 2010s, but not mine - and those are just the changes that were worth recalling for. Later models (even with the same model year) often get additional tweaks for unimportant things like fixing rattles and the like that you might or might not notice.

6. drewhaben

drewhaben New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hands down 2012!