1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Toyota Prius Factory All Weather Floor Mats - Extremely Disappointed ;(

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Prius Five Guy, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Prius Five Guy

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Picked up the factory 5 pc set (includes cargo mat) from a local dealer..... these will last 3 months tops. Marks easily with dirt and poorly covers the surface area beneath.

Note to any TMS Employees on this thread: PLEASE LET THE APPROPRIATE PRIUS PRODUCT MGRS. KNOW THE GEN II ALL WEATHER MAT EQUIVALENT WAS 100X BETTER!!

What do others think?

2. Jill E

Jill E Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    :( boo... What's our other option ?

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    FWIW, the carpet style mats aren't very durable either. They're come standard in Canada. The drivers mat has no rubber insert at the gas pedal. This pic was taken somewhat further down the road, but it was worn through by 6 months from purchase. I haven't really checked, but it's my understanding the only (Toyota) replacement option is to buy the whole set.

5D_060-022.jpg

To help orient the pic, the prius logo would be at the door sill, and the worn-through spot is just at the base of the gas pedal.

4. Steve Type-4

Steve Type-4 Trading HP for MPG

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    When I received my set, I was surprised at how super thin they are. The edging on the perimeter could be a little taller to trap in dirt and liquid, 'because that's what all-weather floor mats are suppose to do. The passenger side mat seem to wiggle out of place when a passenger occupies the space, no matter how firm I plant it to the floor.

5. Prius Five Guy

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Maybe the whole gas pedal fiasco prompted some changes in mat design? None the less, Toyota needs to sub contract mat manufacturing to a vendor who will utilize higher quality materials period!

We need higher quality floor mats Toyota!!

Just a side note: Don't get me started on the rear retractable lift back cargo cover/roller -- again the use of extremely cheap fabric and material is so obvious.

Did I really pay $31K plus for this car?! OK end of rant

6. Steve Type-4

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I would believe so, I think Toyota issued an emergency halt to all dealers forbidding them from selling mats of any sort during the fiasco.

I went from this:

img2845.jpg

and

img2846.jpg

to

$(KGrHqR,!hQE9tDjC792BPmep)pT0!~~60_12.jpg

and

cargoMat.jpg

lols. I think I'm more disappointed with the cargo mat than the floor mat since I haul more cargo than passengers.

7. MandyTee

MandyTee 2012 Prius Three ~ Classic Silver Metallic

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    PriusChat Shop : WeatherTech Toyota Prius Extreme-Duty Floor Liners [440851] - $0.00
    I just got these last week from the Prius chat store, and OMG I love them. Perfect fit. I have a horse and track in lots of mud, bits of hay & shavings, and these just hose clean. The edges are super high so I'm sure they will be great for the snow this winter too. Coincidentally I live about 45 mins from the manufacturer, and had to go there for help with the install of my window deflectors (turns out my box was missing a part). Not only did they supply the missing part but they installed them FOC, too. Made in the USA, woot!

Steve Type-4 likes this.
  8. Steve Type-4

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Might have to consider these in the future. Note to self, just because an accessory has "Toyota" on it doesn't mean it's > *, lol.

9. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes, Toyota got out of the rubber mat business in 2010 when a dealer left a SUV mat in a Lexus. I didn't know they are back in the game. Aftermarket mats have been recommended for years.

10. bluesparky

bluesparky Prius v -Five ATP Blizzard Pearl

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I too am disappointed in their new all weather mats for the Prius v :( . We just took delivery of a v-FIVE, and ordered the Genuine Toyota all weather mat package. The new driver's mat doesn't cover anything, as I guess the parts they took off are being used to cover their a** from future lawsuits. The all weather mats I had in the 2008 Prius were much much heavier, more durable, and covered a lot more floor area. I had no problems with the old mat and pedals, as I don't dance and push the mats up under the pedals when I drive! I simply drive, don't hold a phone to my ear, don't use headsets or ear plugs, and leave the radio at an acceptable, understandable level. Part of driving is "getting away" and enjoying the scenery while traveling along. Imagine, in my younger days I used to ride a motorcyle all year long, no matter the weather, and never had a windshield or fairing, no radio or intercom, and was long before there were cell phones. How did I ever manage on my 774 mile trip in one 24 hour period? Oh, well....