1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Auris Touring Sport hybrid tail lights

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by MagnusAG99, Dec 8, 2017.

1. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hey, I’m wondering do anyone here know if the 2015 (facelift 3rd gen auris) Tail lights for the pre facelift (2ng gen auris)? My dad got a 2013 version and he kinda wants to change out the tail lights to the newer one. All the dimensions seem to be the same and stuff? Lol, when it comes to Prius I got full control over the whole damn car but the auris is new territory for me

2013 version
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2016 version
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    only thing im really thinking about is that the 2016 version got split tail light, 2013 does not, so that would mean wireing?

#1 MagnusAG99, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  2. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    http://www.scionimforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions/3545-curious-italy-%3B.html this thread on the scion forum is what im refering to, another guy form itally tries to change the tail lights on his 2013 auris to either the 2016 auris or the 2016 SCION iM (now the Toyota Corolla iM), it seems like its two connectors im missing on my 2013 (its a 2013 auris exact the same to mine they talk about in that thread) and yea.. those two connectors i would guess is the hatch lights, if u take a look uo in this thread on the first pic u can see teh 2013 only got red lights at the right over the bumper light and not the one on the hacth if that makes sense. So yea... any of u who knows? the second conector where it says 1234 horisontally is exactly the same, the first one where its 1234 right underneath each other is not, it only got 1 and 2. So im wondering if it is the hatch stripe light? if it is i could just buy the connector for the US 2016 scion version or the 2016 Auris version and just steal some power from the tail lights right over the bumper area, drag it thru the roof line there and make it go down from the roof in down the hatch into the 4 pin connector im changing the 2 pin connector with? im pretty suree the the already existing connectors on the hatch secion lights is the reverse and rear fog light.
    [​IMG]

#2 MagnusAG99, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017