1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Head unit in 2010

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by priuslovers, Oct 12, 2013.

1. priuslovers

priuslovers Way Out Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I have a 2013 persona with the entune head unit (6.1 inch). I am replacing it with an Alpine INEZ-928HD and would like to know can the unit with the entune be installed in a 2010 with a JBL system (No Nav). Is there anything that needs to swapped into the 2010 besides the head unit?
    Thanks, Priuslovers.

2. 04priusnow

04priusnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am in the same situation... Having the 2010..

3. winglik

winglik Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm also try to find out how to install a non-JBL system into a 2010 JBL car.

4. priuslovers

priuslovers Way Out Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona

I went through trying to decide what unit to install. I learned quite a lot from my install, there is no easy way to try to integrate the old system with a new one. I purchased an Alpine system with the perfect fit kit and it turned out great. The Harmon Kardon system or JBL is very difficult to use and was to frustrating for me. The only thing about the alpine system is trying to get the head unit aligned properly ( since the unit pivots open it is very important to be perfectly aligned). Also with the stock speakers (because of such a good amp) the system sounds quite good. Check out all the features in the alpine because one thing that I would like to be included is being able to have split screen with map on one side and turn by turn on the other. The Alpine that I installed (INE- Z928HD - 8 inch) does not offer that. Other than that the unit comes up fast and with their bottom of the line back up camera the video is very good.
    Good luck, Priuslovers.