1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius C no start "check hybrid battery light on "

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by Billy305, Oct 1, 2024 at 5:25 PM.

1. Billy305

Billy305 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hello all i got 13 Prius C and from last 2 months it gave me this check hybrid battery sign, after reading forums, topping off radiator coolant, light went off itself, send time (1 month later), it was the vent cleaning and light went off and car ran as suppose to but AC was giving Issue. Ac works only while driving and blows super hot standing, mechanic checked and it needs a new fan as fan is not turning on .

now today all of a sudden car will just not start, no Ready sign . 12v battery is 1 year old from Toyota dealer but i still gave it a Jump start to have that option out.
    anything else i should check before i go crazy spending money as we are on limited budget .
    thankyou in advance

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Get yourself a decent diagnostic scanner. Many of the cheapest ones will only partially work on a Prius; they don't know how to access all of the car's many computers.

The Autel AP200 & AP2500 seem to be the cheapest full-access ones around.

Owning one of these gives you the chance to do a basic diagnosis in your own driveway, with the same deep check that most USA dealers are now (Fall 2024) pricing at $180.